Engage with IGTV!
By Audrey Y | July 27, 2018
As the saying goes, technology is constantly changing.
The same goes for social media. Each platform is constantly coming up with new ways for users to engage with their audiences, especially on Instagram. With the advent of Instagram TV, we thought it would be a good idea to break down the most recent Instagram update to help you implement the feature into your digital strategy.
“IGTV”, as the kids call it, is a new feature that provides users with a channel to post long-form videos similar to those seen on YouTube. Channels set up on IGTV allow for video lengths from 15 seconds to 10 minutes long and are a great place to host videos in which a longer explanation is needed, such as videos with industry insights, explanations of terminology, or short vlogs. The only drawback to this new feature is that all videos must be vertical.
To post on IGTV, the first thing that you will need to do is set up a channel. We have created an easy to follow process to help you both set up your channel and post videos to IGTV.
1. To start, locate the TV icon at the top of your feed.
2. Once you click on the icon, press the settings wheel, which is right above the “Continue Watching” option.
3. Once there, click the “Create Channel” button. After you scroll through the explanations, you’re ready to start uploading your videos to your channel.
4. To upload videos, locate your logo where you found the settings wheel.
5. Once you are on your channel, find and click the “Upload Video” button at the bottom of your screen.
6. After you’ve chosen one of the many of your fabulous vertical videos (again, that’s vertical videos), give your video a name and add a description of your video.
Yes, we know that keeping up with these constant changes and additions can be pretty exhausting, but in the new world of digital marketing, it’s important to be updated on the new features that captivate your crowd. And as always, if you feel the need to outsource your digital presence strategy, we are more than happy to help.